When a product is recalled, it means our surveillance tools are working: you and your family are being protected from potential hazards. Still, you can help too. If you hear a product has been recalled, follow these steps to help keep you and your family safe.
- See our recall notices and make sure your product is the one affected. Recall notices are posted in four product categories:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions, as explained in the notice.
- If instructions aren’t included in the notice, or if you have more questions, contact the manufacturer by phone or visit their website.
- Don't give the recalled product to someone else. If it is unsafe for you and your family, it is unsafe for others too.
- Don't throw out the product without guidance. Some products (like batteries and drugs) must be disposed of in a special way. Follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Stay informed with real-time recalls:
- Consumer and health products – add the recalls widget, download the recalls and safety alerts mobile application, or follow us on Twitter.
- Food products – subscribe to RSS feeds or email notifications, download the recalls and safety alerts mobile application, or follow us on Twitter.
- Vehicles and children’s car seats – subscribe to the RSS feed or download the recalls and safety alerts mobile application.