Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Archived - Mattel Barbie® Accessories and Fisher-Price GEOTrax™ Accessories
- Starting date:
- September 1, 2007
- Posting date:
- September 1, 2007
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Childrens' Products, Toys
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Product Safety
- General Public
- Identification number:
Mattel Barbie® Accessories and Fisher-Price GEOTrax™ Accessories
The toys are identified below:
- Barbie® Dream Puppy House™, (puppy only) Item #: J9485
- Barbie® Dream Kitty Condo™, (cat only) Item #: J9486
- Barbie® Table & Chairs Kitchen, (dog, chip platter, dinner plates only) Item #: K8606
- Barbie® Bathtub and Toilet, (cat only) Item #: K8607
- Barbie® Desk & Chair Bedroom, (puppy only) Item #: K8609
- Barbie® Living Room, (cat only) Item #: K8608
- Barbie® Ultimate Furniture Giftset, (purse only) Item #: K8613
- Fisher-Price® GEOTrax™ Rail & Road System Freightway Transport™, Item #: H5705
- Tru GEOTrax™ Special Track pack with Storage, Item #: K3013
For the full Canadian release:
Mattel announces recall of 9 toys in Canada as a result of extensive ongoing investigation and product testing
Surface paints on the recalled products contain lead n excess of allowable safe limit. Lead is toxic if ingested by children and can cause adverse health effects.
Approximately 25,500 units
Time period sold
Barbie accessories from November 2006 to August 2007
GEOTrax from August 2006 to August 2007
Mattel Canada Inc.
- West Fair
Walmart Canada Inc.
Toys R Us
Sears Canada Inc.
- D.I.K. Distribution Kirouac Inc.
What you should do
Consumers are instructed to immediately take the affected toy components away from children. Mattel advises not to return product to retail, but rather to contact the company to determine if product is a recalled item and to arrange for replacement and appropriate disposal through Mattel.
The following steps can be taken to contact Mattel:
- Visit Mattel International Consumer Assistance
- Review list of toys, photos, model numbers and relevant date codes
- If consumer has affected toy, then complete an on-line form
- Mattel will mail material required to return affected item(s)
- Mattel will provide a replacement part as well as bonus parts for the recalled item(s) (receipts and packaging are not required)
Alternatively: Consumers may call Mattel at:
- 1-888-496-8330 (English)
- 1-800-916-4957 (French)
- Date modified: