Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Waterlogic Commercial Products, LLC recalls Chiller-Based Water Dispensers
- Starting date:
- October 15, 2013
- Posting date:
- October 15, 2013
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Household Items
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Fire Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
Chiller-based water dispensers
The recalled product is an upright, bottle-less water cooler sold in white, silver or black and includes floor and tabletop models.
The brand names involved in this recall include Innowave Chiller Sport, Innowave Chiller 3, Aquamark Refresh Centre and Culligan Chiller Water Purifying Dispenser hot /cold.
The following model numbers are at issue: 12-CHCU3, 12-CHCMU3-ARA, 12-RC-1, 12-RC-2, 12-CHCUB-ARA, 12-CHCUW-ARA, 12-CHCMU3, 12-RCP-1, 12-WL2200-CUL, 12-WL2200M-CUL, 12-CHCUR-CUL, 12-CHC, 12-CHCU, 12-CHCUB, 12-CHCU-CUL, 12-CUCHUW2, 12-CHCUB2, 12-CHCMUW2 and 12-CHCMUB2.
The affected serial numbers for Canadian models include the following:
- 2105A through 2105L, 2106A through 2106L, 2107A through 2107L, 2108A through 2108L,
- 2205A through 2205L, 2206A through 2206L, 2207A through 2207L, 2208A through 2208L,
- 2305A through 2305L, 2306A through 2306L, 2307A through 2307L, 2308A through 2308L,
- 2405A through 2405L, 2406A through 2406L, 2407A through 2407L, 2408A through 2408L,
- 2505A through 2505L, 2506A through 2506L, 2507A through 2507L, 2508A through 2508L,
- 2605A through 2605L, 2606A through 2606L, 2607A through 2607L, 2608A through 2608L,
- 2705A through 2705L, 2706A through 2706L, 2707A through 2707L, 2708A through 2708L,
- 3105A through 3105L, 3106A through 3106L, 3107A through 3107L, 3108A through 3108L,
- 3505A through 3505L, 3506A through 3506L, 3507A through 3507L, 3508A through 3508L,
- 3605A through 3605L, 3606A through 3606L, 3607A through 3607L, 3608A through 3608L,
- 7105A through 7105L, 7106A through 7106L, 7107A through 7107L, 7108A through 7108L,
- 7505A through 7505L, 7506A through 7506L, 7507A through 7507L, 7508A through 7508L,
- 7605A through 7605L, 7606A through 7606L, 7607A through 7607L, 7608A through 7608L.
The hot water tank can stop functioning and cause the machine to overheat, posing a fire hazard.
Waterlogic has received 16 reports of fire and smoke within the water dispensers. No injuries or property damage have been reported. There have been no reports of incidents in Canada.
Health Canada has not received any reports of incidents or injuries related to the use of these water dispensers.
Approximately 1,049 units of the recalled water dispensers were sold through Waterlogic dealers and distributors in Canada.
Time period sold
The affected water dispensers were sold from January 2005 to December 2008.
Place of origin
Manufactured in China.
Waterlogic Commercial Products, LLC
What you should do
Consumers should stop using the water dispenser, unless otherwise instructed. Waterlogic is contacting its distributors and providing a list of affected units and all technical instructions and parts necessary to complete the approved repair on the next scheduled preventive maintenance visit. Consumers who have not been contacted by their dealer for a free repair should contact Waterlogic.
For more information, consumers may contact Waterlogic Commercial Products toll-free at 1-855-905-2002 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website and click on the “Maintenance and Service” link to find the “Voluntary Recall” link for more information and instruction for having the product repaired.
Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
- Date modified: