Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Liquidation King recalls various Joe Fresh® recalled products
- Starting date:
- November 14, 2016
- Posting date:
- November 14, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Clothing and Accessories
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Choking Hazard, Fall Hazard, Product Safety
- General Public
- Identification number:
Various Joe Fresh® recalled products
- This recall involves Joe Fresh® Pre-Walker Footlets in pink, grey and blue with the style codes BGS6GW2045 or BBS6FW2039.
- This recall involves Joe Fresh® Boys Swimsuits The affected swimsuits were sold in various colours and styles, and have a mesh liner.
|2014 Styles||2015 Styles||2016 Styles|
- This recall involves Joe Fresh® Baby Girls Denim Overalls in blue with white polka dots with the style code BGU6OP1905.
- This recall involves the Joe Fresh® Children's Aqua Socks/Water Shoes. There are 19 style/colour combinations of the aqua socks products of similar design/construction, in all sizes for toddlers and kids.
|0-3 months||57197 39441 2|
|3-6 months||57197 39442 9|
|6-12 months||57197 39443 6|
|12-18 months||57197 39444 3|
|18-24 months||57197 39446 7|
- This recall involves Joe Fresh® Baby Girls Winter Boots in pink or grey, with the style code BGF6FW3114.
|Recalled product||Hazard Identified|
|Joe Fresh® Pre-Walker Footlets||The fabric on the slipper may detach posing a choking hazard.|
|Joe Fresh® Boys Swimsuits||The skin of the wearer can get caught in the mesh lining of the swimsuits posing a pinching and injury hazard.|
|Joe Fresh® Children’s Aqua Socks/Water Shoes||The products may slip when used on wet smooth surfaces posing a fall hazard.|
|Joe Fresh® Baby Girls Denim Overalls||The snaps on the bib of the romper may fall off posing a choking hazard.|
|Joe Fresh® Baby Girls Winter Boots||The pompom may detach posing a choking hazard.|
Health Canada has received one consumer report regarding the sale of these products. No injuries were reported.
Liquidation King has not received any reports of consumer incidents or injuries to Canadians related to the use of these products.
Approximately 296 units of the recalled products were sold at Liquidation King stores across Canada.
Time period sold
The recalled products were sold from September 2016 to October 2016.
Place of origin
Manufactured in China.
What you should do
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled products and return the product to any Liquidation King for a full refund (including without a receipt).
For additional information, consumers may contact Liquidation King customer service at 519-621-5464 from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, or by email.
Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website. You can visit this site for more information on other international consumer product recalls.