Chippy brand and Jack 'N Jill Chippy brand Barbecue Flavored Corn Chips recalled due to undeclared wheat
- Starting date:
- October 21, 2014
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Gluten, Allergen - Wheat
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- AFOD Ltd., APO Products Ltd., Corinthian Distributors Ltd., UNO Foods Ltd., Wilby Commercial Limited
- Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, October 21, 2014 - Industry is recalling Chippy brand and Jack 'N Jill Chippy brand Barbecue Flavored Corn Chips from the marketplace because they contain wheat which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to wheat or sensitivity to gluten should not consume the recalled products described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to wheat or sensitivity to gluten, do not consume the recalled products as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email or follow us on Twitter
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products.
This recall was triggered by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) inspection activities. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Chippy||Barbecue Flavored Corn Chips||110 g||All codes where wheat is not declared on the label.||4 800016 101328|
|Jack 'N Jill Chippy||Barbecue Flavored Corn Chips||110 g||All codes where wheat is not declared on the label.||4 800016 101328|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
CFIA Media Relations
For more informationFor more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
- Date modified: