Orthodox Coconut Palm brand coconut juice recalled due to undeclared milk
- Starting date:
- November 15, 2014
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Milk
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Dingshing Trading Ltd., Emme Food Enterprises Co. Ltd., J. L. Trading Co. Ltd., JC Bunny Bunny Trading Co. Ltd., Merilin International Trading Inc., New World Imports Ltd., Uncle T Food Ltd., Wonden Enterprises Ltd., Kam Wah Resources Co. Ltd.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Possibly National, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, November 15, 2014 - Industry is recalling Orthodox Coconut Palm brand coconut juice from the marketplace because it contains milk which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to milk should not consume the recalled products described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to milk, do not consume the recalled products as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email or follow us on Twitter
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Orthodox Coconut Palm||Coconut Palm Coconut Juice||1 L||All codes where milk is not declared on the label||6 901347 880390|
|Orthodox Coconut Palm||Coconut Palm Coconut Juice||245 ml||All codes where milk is not declared on the label||6 957735 788861|
|Orthodox Coconut Palm||Coconut Palm Coconut Juice||6 x 245 ml||All codes where milk is not declared on the label||6 901347 990815|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
CFIA Media Relations
For more informationFor more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
- Date modified: