Ready-to-eat Drake Meats brand Salami (chub) recalled due to potential undercooking
- Starting date:
- October 25, 2019
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning
- Hazard classification:
- Class 2
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Drake Meats
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, October 25, 2019 - Drake Meats is recalling ready-to-eat Drake Meats brand Salami (chub) from the marketplace due to potential undercooking. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Drake Meats||Salami (chub)||1 kg||7 71327 12244 6||BB\MA NOV/24/2019
What you should do
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by consumer complaints. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Company information
- Drake Meats: 1-800-667-1364 (7am - 4pm CST), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600
- Date modified: