Taza brand Chat Papdi – Gram Flour Snack recalled due to undeclared wheat
- Starting date:
- October 30, 2019
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Gluten, Allergen - Wheat
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Taza Food Products Ltd.
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, October 30, 2019 - Taza Food Products Ltd. is recalling Taza brand Chat Papdi – Gram Flour Snack from the marketplace because it contains wheat which is not declared on the label. People who have an allergy to wheat, or have celiac disease or other gluten-related disorders should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Taza||Chat Papdi – Gram Flour Snack||360 g||8 96546 00089 1||All units sold up to and including November 7, 2019|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to wheat, or have celiac disease or other gluten-related disorders, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by a consumer complaint. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Company information
- Taza Food Products Ltd.: Iqbal Rabbani at 647-464-6067 or email@example.com
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600
- Date modified: